DISTRICT 225 TO START FALL SEMESTER WITH E-LEARNING UNDER FOUR-STEP PLAN APPROVED BY THE BOARD
This evening, the Glenbrook District 225 Board of Education approved the Learning and Operational Plan that the District’s administrative team shared with parents on Friday. Under the plan, all District 225 students and staff will begin the 2020-2021 school year as scheduled on Wednesday, August 19, under an E-Learning format.
STEP 1: E-LEARNING BEGINS AUGUST 19
The E-Learning experience will be significantly different from what took place in the spring, when state mandates limited our ability to deliver a high-quality E-Learning experience. Under the 2020-2021 E-Learning model:
● Students will follow a structured schedule with required synchronous learning experiences as part of every class as new content is introduced by teachers. Additional tiers of academic services will be available as needed to support student success and well-being.
● Assessments will be delivered, due dates will be enforced, grades will count, and attendance will be taken.
● Students will be expected to activate their camera when participating in synchronous E-Learning.
● Athletics, extracurricular and co-curricular activities will be available through a combination of on-campus and virtual participation opportunities based on guidance from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) and Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) and applicable Illinois High School Association (IHSA) requirements.
● We will implement a social-emotional learning curriculum, integrated into PE and Health courses, that will address essential topics, such as creating a collective community; building resilience; coping with anxiety, fears, and stress; and accessing resources and supports.
We know there are many questions about returning to school, including how students will pick up textbooks, schedules and supplies. Our administrative team is currently working to address these items and will communicate via email with additional instructions in the coming week.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please visit the District’s website to view the District’s four-step plan to bring students back to in-person learning when it is safe and appropriate to do so, as well as responses to some Frequently Asked Questions. We will continue to communicate important information directly to parents, staff and students through email and will regularly update this FAQ document. If you have questions or comments, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Like you, we are proud of our schools and of the well-rounded experience offered to each student. While it is going to look drastically different from what we all know, we are confident in our ability to start strong on August 19 and to deliver high-quality, meaningful and engaging academic and extracurricular experiences for all students throughout the 2020-2021 school year. We are committed to excellence in the 4 A’s: Academics, Athletics, Activities, and the Arts.
On behalf of the entire team at Glenbrook High School District 225, as always, we thank you for your ongoing support and look forward to seeing our students this fall.
District 225 Administration